Future Craftsman & Design Award
The Building Congress & Exchange Foundation is proud to support our youth who are pursuing careers, training or degrees in the construction and design industry. Each year, the foundation awards the Future Craftsman & Design Award to deserving high school students who demonstrate excellence in the construction and design fields, including carpentry, masonry, electrical, drafting and mechanical trades. In addition to peer recognition and a commemorative plaque, the winners receive a $1,000 scholarship to be applied toward the cost of tuition for further construction or design-related education, or toward the purchase of tools to begin work in a construction career.
Watch videos of previous Future Craftsmen Award winners.
Criteria for applicants:
- Must be a student enrolled in carpentry, electrical, masonry, drafting or mechanical trade
- Must be a high school senior in the next school year
- Must have a 95 percent attendance record and passing grades
Applicants must submit the following information along with the completed application:
- Letter of recommendation from their technology education teacher
- Letter of recommendation from their principal
- Transcripts for the current and two prior academic years
- Proof of 95 percent attendance
- Proof of enrollment in either carpentry, masonry, electrical, drafting or mechanical trade
Applications for this year are no longer being accepted. We look forward to your submission in 2023.
All applications will be reviewed by the Future Craftsman & Design Committee. Students selected for interviews will be notified in May. Interviews with the committee will take place in June and winners will be notified in July. The Future Craftsman & Design Awards will be presented at the Building Congress & Exchange’s Annual Craftsmanship Awards in October.
To learn more about the Building Congress & Exchange Foundation, contact Elisabeth Wainwright at (410) 823-7200 or email email@example.com.
A copy of the BC&E Foundation’s current financial statement is available upon request by contacting the Building Congress & Exchange Foundation at
6030 Marshalee Dr., Box 208
Elkridge, MD 21075
Documents and information submitted to the State of Maryland under the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act are available from the Office of the Secretary of State for the cost of copying and postage.